THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 6


Reflection from the first presentation


One thing that I was realized that there were lots of ways of presenting; presenting a part of the resource, presenting some reflections gained from workshop, or presenting personal philosophies. From my observations, the majority of the class chose to present and shared what they have done in their resources. Quite a few of them using Internet medium such as blog or website and majority used webquest and visual diaries. Personally, I thought the choice of presenting the resource depended on the individual. One of my friends claimed that she was hesitating to use the computer and technology ‘thingy’, so she used visual diaries. I did not choose to work with visual diaries as I am not an artist where in visual diaries, I need to be ‘visual’ or draw something on the blank paper. Therefore, for me, I felt good at blogging as it would easier for me to insert the content as the template or theme was there. The hardest part was choosing the appropriate theme.

In addition, I was amazed how my classmates used their resources. For instance, one of them showed she was integrating the Malaysian traditional game, ‘congkak’ with subitising skills. It was very interesting to know about the ‘message’ behind the game. Interestingly, my Australian classmates also mentioned that there was also an Australian game which is quite similar with congkak. This ‘episode’ actually made me think that Mathematics is around us and we can’t just simply ignore the importance of Mathematics in our everyday lives.

Besides that, I also was amazed by some of the ways that my classmates showed their personal philosophy and how they have changed throughout six weeks worth of workshops. One of them used an acronym of Mathematics: EXPLORATION. She outlined many things that related to Early Childhood Mathematics. It was very interesting yet educational to know such terms. I personally, used acronym of EC MATHS to illustrate my personal philosophy. Interestingly, one of my classmates used dialogue form to demonstrate her monologue before and after having six weeks of workshops. I thought, it worked effectively as it expressed her inner feeling towards her philosophy in teaching Maths.

Overall, I found that the first presentation has provided an excellent lesson for me; not only in a form of presenting but the message that my classmates were trying to convey.


references for pictures

http://l.yimg.com/www.flickr.com/images/spaceball.gif

http://malaysiana.pnm.my/03/images03/congkak_2.jpg


No comments: